- The pic above was snapped from the stage at The Gorge. 10 miles S of Quincy. You know, where there was a little festival in August. Hawk, dc*b, and the like. What a background! We were there for a Chamber of Commerce event.
- Attendance at said festival was way down this year. From 20,000 to about 11,000. We spoke with the caretaker for a while. He's from Calgary. He's been caretaker since they built it 20 years ago.
- Dave Mathews recorded one of his live CD's here. He was just here for the 10th Labor Day weekend in a row. He played all 3 days. No, I didn't go.
- Almost completely unpacked. In less than 2 weeks. Finally becoming a home. Pictures going up. Plants adjusting.
- Even have a bed for visitors (Amanda) put up. Small, but comfortable.
- Miss having the internet daily.
- Miss reading other blogs.
- It is absolutely beautiful here. Even without the trees & mountains. But, they are very, very close.
- Oldest step-daughter & Amanda are already looking at ski venues in our area. Quite a few within an hour.
- Been visiting various NA groups. Still haven't found a home group or a new sponsor. It's only been 3 weeks. Even attended an area meeting already. Can you say service?
- Did I mention I miss reading blogs?
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Stats Suck Sunday
I am writing a post! I am at Starbucks. Again. Internet service is a process here. It's under the "Public Utility District". We are in a fiberoptics area, but will take up to 30 days for equipment. So confusing. On to bullet points. Quick because I just missed kick-off.