- WE ARE ON THE INTERNET HIGHWAY AT HOME!!! It was a long 7 weeks without internet. I never dreamed I would tire of Starbucks! I think had there been somewhere in Quincy with free wi-fi, I wouldn't have grown so tired.
- Steelers won. Beating the undefeated Vikings and the Great Brett Favre. WOO HOO!
- TJ is representing the BlogNation faithful tonight in Montgomery. And this afternoon at the tweet & greet.
- Hooked up our old scanner yesterday. It took a few tries. Something about a "twain" driver. Thanks to Canon for having such a great website for their older hardware.
- Now realizing how badly I need an external hard drive. Down to 1%. Defrag program won't even run with that little bit of space left. It's always something.
- Ted enjoying his new job. Staying busy.
- Trying to decide where to go for our next day trip.
- The smell of apples is fading as the pickers finish the last of the orchards. This is amazing produce country. I thought it was Cali & S Texas. Not Central Washington.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Can't decide on a picture for today. Cold & dreary would describe today. The rest in bullet points.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Made the trip to Wenatchee to Starbucks. For free internet. On a Sunday. With a headache, here are some random thoughts on a Sunday.
- Hope we get internet this week.
- Only drove today to file unemployment payment request. *sigh*
- Am going to take a 3 day Career Assessment in November so I can talk to a "SkillSource" trainer. To see if unemployment might help me with my reciprocity fees.
- It's $330 to file app & $185 for the law exam. And a 7 hour course for HIV/AIDS. And a birth certificate. And transcripts.
- Finally have a new sponsor. She is a drug & alcohol counselor with the State. She has 20+ years clean.
- Amanda climbed a real outdoor rock wall. Never done it before. Her adrenaline level was thru the roof yesterday!
- dc* b was in Seattle (Federal Way) last night. And Spokane tomorrow night.
- Cross-stitching a Snowman family out cutting their Christmas tree. Big, 11 x 14. Lots to keep me busy when I'm not getting my 4 meetings a week in.
- Ted's making dinner, so I better run.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
This is a picture looking West as I drop into the Basin driving to Wenatchee. I love this drive. I make it 3 to 4 times a week. A lady the other day said it was a boring drive. It's anything, but. The beauty of God's hand is EVERYWHERE. And it's awesome. Well, it's Sunday and I'm at Starbucks, but need to get home for kickoff.
- Still no internet. Hopefully in next week. Don't understand the wait for equipment just because I have fiber-optics. Anyone have an answer?
- Amanda wanted to try & fly here for the weekend. She had Sat, Sun off for ACL (Austin City Limits) and then got Mon, Tues off. Her dad told her to wait til there was snow so she could ski, too. :(
- Been here 5 weeks. Wow.
- Just need to purchase some garage shelving to put last of boxes away. Stacked in office for now.
- Movers came back & picked up the broken-down boxes this week. About 70 of them. Boy is there room in the garage now.
- Would love to go to Seattle in 2 weeks to see dc*b, but it just isn't gonna work. :(
- Need to get an EDL (Enhanced driver's license). It works like a passport at the border when traveling by ground. (not air travel). We are about 3 hours from the Olympics. The ski resort in Wenatchee is the practice mountain for the Olympics.
- Finally fall here. Cooler temps & lots of apple orchards being picked. Lots of apples. Everywhere. They are wonderful!
- Someone brought fresh raisins to the clinic. They are so sweet, they taste like they are chocolate-covered.
- Be back soon on a daily basis. Have missed a lot, I know