Sunday, February 8, 2009

Stats Suck Sunday

Well, here we are at another Sunday. But, no real football on today. Only the Pro-Bowl. What a let-down after last weeks tremendous Super Bowl. Another last minute finish. Lucky for me!
  • Still no job. Lots of paperwork to keep up with unemployment. Yuck.
  • My friend, Lisa, sent out a tweet earlier with the following Bible verses: 2 Cor. 4:7-9. Reminding me that no matter what is thrown at me, that I am a child of God, and I will persevere and not be crushed. Thanks, Lisa. Good choice for me today.
  • Going to a baby shower for a 20 year old that I went thru treatment with. She has had her ups & downs over the 18 months I've known her. She has relapsed several times, but has stayed clean while pregnant. Please keep her in your prayers. She is a lost child.
  • What is up with winter in the Texas Panhandle? We have had two brief 1 inch snow & ice storms. That's it. No 6-8 inch storm here this winter. Lucky? Yes, but we need moisture terribly. Husband actually mowed the yard yesterday! Today, rain, hail, etc. Tuesday, snow is forecast! Crazy weather.
  • Listening to Jason Mraz makes me happy!
  • Met up with some friends on MMTV the other night. It was so fun to catch up & exchange twitter info. We talked for an hour after the concert was over! Thanks, Brody, for the twitter!
  • The economy really stinks right now. It makes me sad.
Guess that's it. Like I said, with no football, my afternoon has no purpose! Not! Always time for meditation and working my steps. I am such a procrastinator!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad the verse God spoke to me at the end of worship helped you too. I knew there was a reason I was supposed to twitter it during church ;)
Have fun at the baby shower. Talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

I love Jason Mraz too! His songs are so sweet. Love the blog!

Pokinatcha said...

You didn't watch the Pro Bowl?

Diana said...

Shellie -

I read your comment on 2/13 on Brody Harper regarding your friends husband.

I agree with you, everyday, every moment is precious. We never know when we won't get another with the ones we love.

I'm flying from Reno to Denver today, to get picked up to drive to Laramie WY - my mom is in the hospital with pulmonary hypertension. Dr's are amazed she didn't die. But she will one day. so I'm going.

My prayers are with your friend's family, and you. It's hard to see your friends go through grief.