Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stats Suck Sunday

This week has just flown by! It has not been a great week, but I have to find the little slivers of hope & joy & hold on to them. So, it's time for SSS.
  • My friend, Brody, whom I've never met, got me started on this bullet point for Sunday's.
  • Brody is carrying about 50 computers (well, maybe just 2 or 3) on board his flight to Denver. He will meet up with this guy, Kyle who is also a technical marvel. They get to get on a bus heading for Billings, MT.
  • The Roadshow starts in two days!!!! The first stop is in Billings, MT. The show begins at 7pm, MDT. Go to The Roadshow's site & there will be a link for all 20 concerts.
  • We actually got 1 & 1/2" of snow on Friday. Was predicted to be 6 to 9". Glad it wasn't the later, but we did need the moisture. Today is supposed to be in the 60's, tomorrow & the next day? 70's.
  • I'm excited to see what this guy has to say after taking a blogatical for the past month. So far this morning (since 12:01am) he has been a little cryptic. But, that's one of the things that makes him interesting.
  • I don't like the new home page on facebook. Boo. Amanda says they've changed it several times in the 4 or so years she's been on fb.
  • I hope unemployment sees that I turned down a job in another state because of how long it takes to "reciprocate" my license. Plus, with my license on probation, some states may not accept my application. This is after spending several hundred dollars before I even send in the application! I really need my benefits. I had bills coming out of my overdrawn account & bouncing back to the creditors. Not good. I don't like questioning my faith, but doggone it! Where is that open door? Why can't I see it?
  • Our friend, Robert, who had a massive heart attack 4 weeks ago went home this week! The day he had the heart attack the cardiologist told us he didn't expect he would leave the hospital. Miracles do happen.
  • My sister-in-law came to see her mother (the one who has cancer). Got to see her one day this week & visited for 2 hours! Face to face! Sometimes a phone call just doesn't cut it. I wish we lived closer again.
Well, off to my NA meeting, then NA area meets and I'm part of that group, too. I sure am doing a lot of service work while I'm unemployed! It keeps me busy & helps give me a routine. I am blessed and I know God will reveal that open door. When He is ready, not in my time! But, I get so impatient! :)

1 comment:

Paisley said...

This week has flown by and I am glad because I have been sick all week. Thankfully, I'm slowly beginning to feel better.

I understand what you mean about wanting to know where that open door is. I don't like questioning my faith either but there are those times when I wonder why things aren't happening when I feel they should. I think its just the human side of us.

So glad to hear that Robert got to go home. Miracles do happen.